Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Paws For A Cause

As mentioned previously, I have had the fortune of experiencing US and letting the experiences enrich my life and its train of thoughts. I am an avid animal lover and co-incidentally a few days back I got to know about the concept of Service Dogs, something that I had never heard of. Tar Heal Paws is a volunteer program through which pets and their owners register as a team and and they together are involved in Pet Therapy. Pet Therapy focuses on reducing stress and fatigue of hospitalized patients, school/college students etc. The pets have to go through an extensive training and the owners through an elaborate mentoring to receive the certification. Tar Heal Paws is doing a great community service and I would love to be a part of it whenever I have a pet of my own.
Through the same organisation, I met Molly and Daisy- the 2 therapy dogs here at the university. It was the beginning of the semester exam for students and the dogs along with their owners were coming over just to relieve the stress and to create a sense of well-being and happiness among the students. When my husband told me about it, I was elated and my friends and I quickly went over to meet them. It was such a beautiful experience. Daisy was small and bubbly but Molly was big and reserved. They were so soft and furry. I spent a few minutes with them and it indeed left me in such happy spirits.






On interacting with the owners we got to know that Molly and Daisy were the best of friends and they both miss each other whenever they are not together. Infact, the owners had a couple of cats too and they said that its a lot of pleasure and fun to see their camaraderie and friendship with their canine friends and that the Dogs and the Cats stay together as one happy family with no sign of hostility or insecurity. I have always been in love with  Dogs' eyes so I kept looking for their eyes as their dense fur had obscured them.  To satiate the same craving, I somehow managed to remove the bunch of fur from their temple and there they were- 2 beautiful Dog eyes. I cannot express the sense of contentment and elation it imparted to me. Their eyes always reflect the true sense of friendship, faithfulness, innocence and goodness. This shows that how angelic and peaceful is their vision and how beautifully this vision translates into their mission of spreading unconditional love and happiness all around. I salute Dogs and I truly believe that they are God's best creation.

3 comments:

  1. Very nicely article about my favorite pet. Pet therapy sounds so promising for patients. Dogs are indeed human best friend. They are so loving, faithful and have power to boost our mood.
    I would recommend you to watch Haichi, a true story based Hollywood movie which depicts faithfulness of a dog after his owner dies. You will definately like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the emotions its wrote, i am sure you are highly emotional being. This is beautifully described. I am amazed that you are crazy( like truely crazy) for dogs like i am. Great writing.

    Yes, its true that dogs with their own calm demeanor and their bubbly presence make people like us loosen up our own fears and truely feel everything with them.I hope you find a dog so do I and experience the love and care they provide their whole life to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an amazing therapy.God created these beautiful pets.Humans and pets have a relation ,an understanding.This therapy will help the patients who are mentally and physically so weak.Not only patients but all the humans.We humans are born to take stress for little things in life.This therapy is like stress reliever for us.Over dosage of medicines is injurious to health but I guess over dosage of love of these pets is beneficial for human beings

    ReplyDelete